Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome to the WDW International Programs Family!!

I finally (stress the "finally") got my Disney pack YAY YAY!!!!


I got it at the end of last week (sorry about the delay...again!), and it was a very exciting day! I had been checking the mail more than I usually do (I almost said incessantly...but I wouldn't classify this as incessant checking...just more than usual!), and there is was on friday...waiting for me! Also waiting for me, was a second...count it SECOND, official Disney e-mail....basically re-iterating what I need to do with the Disney Pack stuff.

There is lots to share, but I am going to truncate it a bit, so that this post won't be a novel! Basically, the pack comes with a welcome letter, an acknowledgement form, Cast member policy form, a community codes agreement for housing, some luggage tags (which I will be attaching to my luggage even though I'm not flying...those puppies are not going to go to waste), some cute Mickey stickers, no idea what these are for....but they also won't go to waste, my Q-1 Visa form...and the treasure....the Disney "Look Book"

Just for the sake of my excitement, I am going to excerpt from it a bit...and show you what I have to do to be up to the Disney standards!


  • I'll have to get some new glasses as mine do not have "frames and lenses...that are a neutral colour, with a conservative style"...meaning my burgundy and turquoise frames probably won't do!

  • I'll have to buy a long sleeved black shirt...to cover up my wrist tattoo because "Intentional body alteration or modification" is NOT allowed to be seen by guests!

  • hahah...I love that this has to be in writing! "Due to close contact with Guests and other Cast members, the use of anti-perspirant or deodorant is required"

  • Also, the "Disney Look" does not allow hair colouring...or I should say it does allow for very minimal hair colouring...so I'll have to request minimal colouring at my next hair appointment...but my hair place is actually quite obsessed with the "natural look" so I should be fine there!
  • necklaces and bracelets are not allowed (??), you can only wear very small studs for earrings (with...obviously, only one per ear), and unless you have a wedding set...only one ring per hand is permitted

  • And lastly, I must wear appropriate undergarments at all times??

** all of the quotes are directly out of the Disney "look book", therefore not my words...therefore I am not plagiarising!

Haha....that is about it for now, here are some pictures to round out the post!












** Update...Less than 2 months now....actually, 3 days short of being a month and a half!!





No comments: